Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Reviews Please: 1995 AGOT Meet outfit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My soon to be traveling doll, this is her meet outfit. I like it. It can look modern enough and she's comfortable in it. Usually she just wears the leggins and the pink shirt. Sometimes if she's going to bed with me she wears underware and the white shirt. She never wears the vest though. She sais she's just to hip for it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I keep thinking about getting one of these on ebay, because tragically it is almost exactly like what I might have worn around in the early 90s! Yikes.

    This is the Magenta Tee, Leggings, White Shirt, Sunflower Hat, Vest, etc outfit.

    Also, are these frequent on ebay?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooh, I just saw one on eBay not two days ago.

    There's one on there now but there's no hat with it, and you're right, we did wear that stuff back then! [img]eek.gif[/img]

    So, yes, they do show up! Keep looking and good luck.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Oh no, vests aren't hip? I love vests. (for one thing, you can make one easily using small scraps)

    I must admit, I didn't like this outfit when it first came out. But I always loved the big white shirt (and the vest and hat). Now I kind of like the magenta pieces, too, because they mix/match with so many of the other AGOT clothes. And the leggings are great for New England winters.

    I think it would be worth looking for on ebay just to get the shirt, which works well with Felicity's riding breeches and a lot of other skirts, jumpers, slacks, etc. Did anyone else on the Board sleep in their father's old white shirts when they were teens? I did.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just won a 1995 Meet outfit on e-bay. I wanted it because I have a 1995 AGOT doll, and I thought it was right that she should have her own meet outfit. I will give a review when it comes.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I find that I don't use this outfit much anymore. I LOVED it back in 1995, when got my first AGOT, but now it just seems so outdated. The white shirt is too huge to use as a "nice" shirt. Even the magenta t-shirt seems too big to mix and match. But it is very "early 90's" so if you want it for that, I don't see why not to get it [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This outfit makes me laugh. When I go through spurts of wanting to put my dolls in the outfits they came in, my AGoT is put in that, as that's the outfit she came in. It's hilarious. It makes her look like just as much of a historical doll as my historicals!

    But, I think the outfit is really cute if you're looking for a 90's outfit. I was 9 in 1995,and don't remember wearing anything that......well, whatever you'd like to clasify it. Also very good for mix & match combos (except those pants haha). I love the white shirt, best part of the whole thing, very versatile. And the hat, gotta love that hat, lol, with the big ol' sunflower.

    I still hope that next year, for the 20th anniversary they make a limited edition 80's doll. That would be the most awesome thing ever, I'd buy everything they made for her.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Felicity Merriman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was 14 in 1995, and I remeber when vests, over-sized shirts with leggings, and floppy hats with big sunflowers on them were popular. I remember sunflowers being a very popular design on things. I had the outfit before I sold my beloved 1995 AGOT15, Tia Elaine Tamberling. I loved it. It was well made, and very 90's. I never had her wear anything else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •